Friday, October 26, 2007

Self-observation of two weeks of blogging (E - tivity 3)

B l o g g i n g !
What a new way of life, style of communication and exchanging information and ideas. Isn’t it a bit scary though?

I have to say, I’m a bit intimidated. One writes something that might not be exactly the best thought of his/her day and anyone in the world can just read it. Not that I’m afraid of judgment but it is just a little scary, don’t you think?

Anyways, these two past weeks have definitely been a big contribution to my knowledge of Internet and the way to get around it. It is impressive how much time you can spend there without even noticing it, and unfortunately that has been happening to me the last couple of weeks. I like it though. The reading part is great, the writing and posting part I still need some time to get used to. Nevertheless, I guess this new experience will really help me (us?) to learn how to more easily express my thoughts, opinions and ideas.

Concerning the language learning, I think it also has a great impact. The reading of almost all-possible styles of English (I guess I should start working on my style as well) is, especially, very interesting and good for development of our capacity to recognize them and to work with them.

So let's jump into this blogging world. It's waiting for us:)!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Nina,
I have to say I totally agree with you that blogging is a bit scary.
In fact, I thought about that, too. Besides the fact that there really are scary "dark" blogs, I think it's strange that we're blogging with each other for about 3 weeks now and, I never talked to you looking in your face. Do you know who I am? I know where you're from and you know where I'm from, we sort of know the interests of one another but we never looked into each other's eyes. That's weird, isn't it? So if that's why you think blogging is scary I fully agree!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, I enjoyed myself surfing in the Internet and looking for information about whatever...and you're right when you say it's taking so much time. I've spent hours in front of my computer during the last 2 weeks, much more than I used to do. But as I said it's a lot of fun and in the end I'm enjoying it, too. You did a great job on your blog. Will you post pictures of you? I'm not sure if I'm going to do that...
See you soon...or better blog you soon :-) Caroline

Laura Zock said...

Hi Nina!
What can I say?!
I completely agree with you…the idea of having a blog scared me a lot too, it’s quite stressful to have deadlines and to think of something interesting to say and how to say it…it’s a very time demanding activity! But it’s also funny and stimulating…we can be proud of our blogs! I really like yours because it’s very simple but clear and well structured…add some pictures and it will be perfect!
See u!
Laura

Crazy Journalist said...

Hey Nina,
first off thanks for being so kind about my post, but I can assure you there's not much to be jealous of!
I confess I was going for the 'black background' style myself when creating my blog, but I saw it was already taken ;) anyway, good choice!
Sorry to bug you with anthropology-related matters, but last week at the Biennale in Venice I saw one funny thing you might enjoy.
(By the way, this year it's not a particularly exciting Biennale at all. In fact I was quite disappointed. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay to get in, because my girlfriends's best friend works there and she got us free tickets...)
Anyway, a Korean artist had created these weird rat-man skeletons: a little one set to appear 'scared' and a huge one looming over it and looking 'threatening'. Well, the reason he created these two bogus fossils is that he meant to represent the deep inferiority complex he experienced while studying in America. He states that as an Asian (pretty short type of guy) he felt overwhelmed by the presence of so many Caucasians (usually taller, bigger guys) around him and for the first time he felt sort of different and small...!
It sounds pretty weird, but it is kind of fun and intreaguing somehow, isn't it?
Okay then, see you in class!